Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cades trip to the hospital

So a few weeks ago Cade comes into our room showing some very obvious signs of breathing difficulty. It was about 12:00 am or so, I had just gotten into bed, Brent was already slumbering, due to some help from a sleeping aid:-) I realized right away that this would be a trip to the E.R. I woke Brent, that was not an easy task at all. Have you ever tried to wake someone under the influence of Ambien? Anyway, I managed to get them both into the car, buckled and drive to the new hospital off of Greenfield and the freeway. It became evident to me, that I should have left Brent at home to slumber and just fill him in the next morning. I guess you are not supposed to wake people up who take that stuff. It was kinda comical however:-)Anyway, it turned out to be croup. They x-rayed, gave him medication, put him on oxygen and kept him until about 4:00 am or so for observation. Never a dull moment with kids huh? I wish I had taken a picture of Brent in the bed with Cade, sound asleep! I love my boy's:-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man! I'm glad he's okay! Those kind of nights are so hard! Poor girl, I hope you've caught up on your sleep, if not, take some Ambien! haha! you know you could have really gotten some good laughs, and blackmailed Brent with video tape "Mormon Bishop drunk"! Wish we'd have seen it!