Monday, November 10, 2008

Camping October 2008

So we are not what you would call campers! About once a year Brent gets this great idea that we should take the kids camping. Usually it is just at the end of the warm weather, but close enough to cool weather that we can enjoy the day in the pines. Ya, well it pretty much turns out the same every time. It's still a little warm in the daylight hours, and freezing after dark. I would have been satisfied to go up, make a fire and smore's, get in the suburban and come home to my nice comfy bed.(I have been accused of being a party pooper on such occasions) I mean really that is the highlight of camping. I love to sit out by the fire and just enjoy the quiet, watch the kids having fun and cuddling with one of them here and there. I have to remember sometimes...it's really not about me! The kids had a great time, and the memories are invaluable.

No comments: