So toddlers tend to do funny things that can end up horrifying their mothers. Today was one of those times. Our house is pretty crazy in the mornings trying to get everyone out the door and to school on time. I run the morning carpool to Heritage. If we are not out the door by 7:30 am the "Big" kids are late. As a result there are mornings that the "little" kids are not ready, so sometimes I prevail upon the daddy to drop them off. (big mistake somedays:) anyway today was that day where we had to have dad do the elementary school drop off. So the kids get home from school and I upack the backpacks like I always do. I see in Cades backpack his lunch box. I asked him if he had left it at school all this time? He informs me that he packed his own lunch this am. I am way curious to know what he packed. He proceeds to tell me a pop tart and applesauce!(with the biggest spoon we have in the drawer mind you) He assured me that dad was perfectly fine with it! The first few min. it was kinds funny. Until, I realized one of my friends from the ward eats lunch with the little people every day. What kind of mother is she going to think I am? I quickly called her and explained the whole funny story. She thought it was a little fishy that Cade was so excited to go to lunch today! (I bet) well, at least it wasn't fruit loops and goldfish:)


4 comments:
I would eat poptarts and applesauce too! At least he choose a friut selection, and that he was happy to pack his own lunch. Love that kid!
I bet Cade at least got a fresh pop tart?? haha inside joke..hopefully you get it?? Anyway I just love you and you are probably the best person in this world, not very many people can pull off the role of being my best friend/mom/hero: aka over all my example. Anyway much love girly. I miss you more than you know!
Brian would do the same thing with my kids
Post a Comment