) This took a lot of self talk believe me. As the night wore on it did get increasingly warmer in doors. We ventured out back many times because believe it or not it was cooler out there. The little ones were tucked into their beds after a cool shower, they can sleep through anything, Oh to be young again. Kenzi, the only smart one, left to a friends at the first chance. Madi, Brent and I just tuffed it out until bedtime. On a good day the master bedroom is not so cool, I stepped into that furnace and decided there would be no sleeping in my bed tonight. Madi, who I might add is a lot like her dad, says....Mom lets sleep in the tent. It is so much nicer outside. O.K., did I mention I am not into camping? Not even in the backyard. I was really out of options, outside of heading out to a hotel room, and since I had no idea how much the air repair would cost that option quickly left the agenda. I guess my only option left was to get the air mattress, pillow and sheet and be on my way to slumber in the tent! (yeah right) I knew it would be fun for Madi so I agreed. We settled in for what I had hoped would be a few hours of sleep at least. I was wrong! Do you know we are in a flight path? I mean we must be, I counted at least 6 aircraft over head. Then the pool sweeps from the neighbors backyard, oh and the sound of all the neighbors A/C's kicking on and off! That was just too much for me to endure. At about 3:00 am I woke Madi to move into the house to try to salvage some precious sleep time. She went directly to the couch and I to my bed. I figured at this point it would have to be better than the outside arrangement. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the bedroom really had cooled off by that time and I was able to get a few hours of shut eye. I think I actually got a little chilly with the windows open and the fan blowing at warp speed. I guess there are some advantages to thin blood. The next day as I looked for the pot of gold in that experience I realized I made a fun and crazy memory with my daughter, even though I did not make it the whole night in the tent:-)
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
The Pot of Gold
So a few weeks ago we lost our A/C about 1:00 pm. I felt as though the house was getting warmer, but after all we do live in the desert and the afternoons just get hotter. Anyway, as luck would have it.....the Air was gone! I quickly got on the phone to the repair guy's and the soonest they could be out was after 2:00 the next day! Our evening was going to be uncomfortable, no doubt. The thought went through my mind.....did we not just have a similar experience in July when the A/C blew in the suburban on the way to Cali? I guess I should have known, the challenges come in threes! So I resolved then and there that I would have to be brave and play up the adventure to the kids! (I am so not someone who is happy when they are hot and sweaty
) This took a lot of self talk believe me. As the night wore on it did get increasingly warmer in doors. We ventured out back many times because believe it or not it was cooler out there. The little ones were tucked into their beds after a cool shower, they can sleep through anything, Oh to be young again. Kenzi, the only smart one, left to a friends at the first chance. Madi, Brent and I just tuffed it out until bedtime. On a good day the master bedroom is not so cool, I stepped into that furnace and decided there would be no sleeping in my bed tonight. Madi, who I might add is a lot like her dad, says....Mom lets sleep in the tent. It is so much nicer outside. O.K., did I mention I am not into camping? Not even in the backyard. I was really out of options, outside of heading out to a hotel room, and since I had no idea how much the air repair would cost that option quickly left the agenda. I guess my only option left was to get the air mattress, pillow and sheet and be on my way to slumber in the tent! (yeah right) I knew it would be fun for Madi so I agreed. We settled in for what I had hoped would be a few hours of sleep at least. I was wrong! Do you know we are in a flight path? I mean we must be, I counted at least 6 aircraft over head. Then the pool sweeps from the neighbors backyard, oh and the sound of all the neighbors A/C's kicking on and off! That was just too much for me to endure. At about 3:00 am I woke Madi to move into the house to try to salvage some precious sleep time. She went directly to the couch and I to my bed. I figured at this point it would have to be better than the outside arrangement. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the bedroom really had cooled off by that time and I was able to get a few hours of shut eye. I think I actually got a little chilly with the windows open and the fan blowing at warp speed. I guess there are some advantages to thin blood. The next day as I looked for the pot of gold in that experience I realized I made a fun and crazy memory with my daughter, even though I did not make it the whole night in the tent:-)
) This took a lot of self talk believe me. As the night wore on it did get increasingly warmer in doors. We ventured out back many times because believe it or not it was cooler out there. The little ones were tucked into their beds after a cool shower, they can sleep through anything, Oh to be young again. Kenzi, the only smart one, left to a friends at the first chance. Madi, Brent and I just tuffed it out until bedtime. On a good day the master bedroom is not so cool, I stepped into that furnace and decided there would be no sleeping in my bed tonight. Madi, who I might add is a lot like her dad, says....Mom lets sleep in the tent. It is so much nicer outside. O.K., did I mention I am not into camping? Not even in the backyard. I was really out of options, outside of heading out to a hotel room, and since I had no idea how much the air repair would cost that option quickly left the agenda. I guess my only option left was to get the air mattress, pillow and sheet and be on my way to slumber in the tent! (yeah right) I knew it would be fun for Madi so I agreed. We settled in for what I had hoped would be a few hours of sleep at least. I was wrong! Do you know we are in a flight path? I mean we must be, I counted at least 6 aircraft over head. Then the pool sweeps from the neighbors backyard, oh and the sound of all the neighbors A/C's kicking on and off! That was just too much for me to endure. At about 3:00 am I woke Madi to move into the house to try to salvage some precious sleep time. She went directly to the couch and I to my bed. I figured at this point it would have to be better than the outside arrangement. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the bedroom really had cooled off by that time and I was able to get a few hours of shut eye. I think I actually got a little chilly with the windows open and the fan blowing at warp speed. I guess there are some advantages to thin blood. The next day as I looked for the pot of gold in that experience I realized I made a fun and crazy memory with my daughter, even though I did not make it the whole night in the tent:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh my goodness gracious! What is the deal!? Of course it has to go out in the afternoon. Let's not make it too easy. I am so sorry. I hate camping too, but I am glad you could spend some time with her=]
Your sleep out in the yard sounds like fun. Summertime heat, not fun! It's great that you two were able to make some memories. xoxo
Something to look back and laugh at!
Post a Comment