Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cade

Aren't boys so funny! After twin daughters we finally added a boy to our family! Cade is now 5 and a 1/2
and definitely all boy, way different for me than the girls I have been used to. The stories of all of our
children getting to us are pretty amazing and do not lack drama or divine intervention, but Cades
story is a story of an answer to prayers. (well they have all been an answer to prayers)
Anyway, he came to us just days before his first birthday. we begged the social worker to get him to us before that milestone so we could all celebrate together. It worked out and he was in our
home just about two weeks before that day. He is a funny little man. He so loves his daddy, has
always followed him around and mimicked every part of who Brent is right down to being the
Bishop, by the way Cade thinks he is a bishop as well! Maybe that is because Brent calls him
mini bishop...He also loves to ride the go-kart with his dad. He even loves and respects the ever so
sacred Christmas village!!!!:-) I will always remember his first Christmas with us. I told Brent that
maybe he should just wait until the next year to put up his Christmas "city" because we had no
idea how Cade would do with it all. He would never consent to that because it is way too much of the
Bartel tradition. So he proceeds to put it up. We decided to put up a little fence around it so Cade
would not destroy things, and you know....even at a young age he sensed the importance of it to his
dad and really did not bother it. Although, one day I came in to the living room from the kitchen
and found him sitting smack dab in the middle of the half constructed project, nothing broken
however. For the rest of that season he was considered Godzilla, but gentle. He just loved his dad too much to ruin anything. He has always been a sweet boy. As a baby he smiled alot, pretty easy going until he became one boy in a house full of girls and now has learned to yell often!!!! I am not sure I can blame him at times. He essentially has 4 mothers!!!:-) We are so thankful to have been blessed with our little "CADEEEEE" Yeah for boy's





Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lovin Family said...

We love the "little man" tons as well, those eyes melt me!!!

Summer said...

Your kids all do have great stories and I'm so glad for you & Brent. So I saw Jodi today too. My hair is rockin'! yours? ;)

I added my email address on the Josie post, email me so I can invite you to my blog! :)

ann said...

OK Steph, I'm so glad I found you thru Jodi's blog and I'm amazed at how grown up all the kids are. TIME FLYS! And Brent is the Bishop, and that makes you the perfect Bishop's wife, I'm sure. I have thought about you often and wondered how you were doing. I have so many questions. Thank goodness for blogs, hopefully we'll be able to stay in touch.